Abortion is an enormously stressful process. Not only can it affect the female body, it can also have psychological repercussions. No woman can be expected to be completely prepared for it physically or emotionally. There may be varied responses to an abortion experience based on circumstances. However, some excessive emotional pain might be felt in the following cases:
1) The abortion is forced
Women have the rights to deny if their partner or family forces them into an abortion and they usually have highly personal reasons for ending their pregnancy. But, a woman can be obligated by situations. The mother’s life may be at risk if pregnancy is continued or the fetus may have been detected with an incurable disease. These are conditions where pregnancy termination is the only practical option.
It might also be a case of physical assault. A victim of sexual abuse usually takes longer to cope with the stress of abortion. A number of females state their poor economic conditions as a reason for their abortion too.
2) Lack of a support system
A few pregnant women receive very less or no support for their abortion decision. In these cases, they aren’t informed of the symptoms or about what they should expect emotionally. Some women might also want to keep the whole issue a secret. So, one might see the contents of their pregnancy pass when they are alone and in great pain. There are clearly no perks of opting to go through all of this alone and pressure can become extreme.
A better option to keep your privacy would be to keep someone informed but buy abortion pills online rather than visiting a pharmacy. If you buy abortion pill pack online, it comes with drugs that also help you relieve some amount of the physical pain.
If you are in the post-abortion phase, here is how you can heal yourself:
Taking good care of your health is crucial to get back to normal
- Eat a healthy balanced diet and drink a lot of fluids each day
- It is also advisable to skip work for a few days and not engage in heavy physical exercises
- Complete the antibiotic dose prescribed by your physician and visit him for regular check-ups
- Wait for complete recovery (2-4 weeks) before you can resume sexual intercourse again
You don’t have to worry unless symptoms of pregnancy or expected symptoms of abortion do not subside. Do not neglect large clots in the discharged blood or a foul smelling vaginal discharge. These can be signs of physical complications.
Grief or depression undergone after abortion shatters families, ruins relationships and lowers the self-esteem of the female. Untreated, this can lead to serious consequences like self-destructive behavior, chronic rage or sense of hopelessness.
- Evaluate your case. Know what can worsen an abortion experience from the aforementioned. See if one of those risk-factors are affecting you
- Get help. Do not treat this as a shameful experience. Visit local recovery groups, a trained professional or choose a trusted elder in the family to communicate your problems to
- Learn about the symptoms. Informing yourself about all possible consequences will help you deal with the situation better
- Avoid pressure. Do not entertain people who talk negatively about your choice. Go with what you choose for your body
Healing is all about finding the right people and resources for you.